Cordless doorbell outdone

Much to Mr Wadsworth's amusement I've fitted half a dozen cordless door bells for customers.

Today however, I fitted some solar powered garden lights!

When I say 'fitted' I mean I took them out of the box and pushed them into the earth. Oh - and I had to remove the clear sticker covering the photocell.

Tough job, someone has to do it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Tougher than firing an apprentice?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Depends how big the cannon was?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Do any of the doorbells operate each others bells? I don't see the point of solar lights in the uk, they never keep going very long and also you cannot centrally switch them from the house or via a dongle so you can show your house to a person trying to find it in the dark by flashing them on and off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

___________________________________________________________________________­___________________________________

Or pay Dave to carry it down the garden.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

or the kiln

Reply to
John Rumm

Indeed it's best to keep them about the person given how uselessly quiet the battery ones are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My downstairs neighbour called in the other day to ask if I had been switching anything on and off at 10pm the night before - as something in the area was ringing his new wireless door bell!

It so happened that at that time I had turned off the Humax Freesat STB with the remote control. So I fetched the remote control to the door, and pressed the Off button. Immediately the neighbour's front door bell rang!

The odd thing is it would not keep doing it - just once or twice out of

  1. He went off to change the door bell's frequency and hasn't been back (yet).

Reply to
Maurice Batey

I have a red flashing rope light around the car port to do that.

Reply to
dennis

So that keeps your night care nurse happy.

Reply to
ARWadsworth