coppiced hazel ?

Hi Folks,

Are lengths of coppiced hazel or willow easy to come by from anywhere in the North of England ? SWMBO wants to make a yurt !

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Shoud be. Just take a billhook into a quiet wood..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry, don't know about the North.

But you'll also be wanting a steam-bent eye for the middle of it. I know some retired yurt-builders (concentrating on timber-framing now) who might have some going spare. Drop an email to diana at timber-routes.co.uk

They could probably do you a whole yurt, if you wanted.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Shouldn't be hard.... try people on this list:

Tony

Theft!

Reply to
Peter Crosland

You could try the BTCV -

and see if any of the local groups are producing any.

If all else fails, the Cambridge Conservation Volunteers produce quite a lot between November and March.

Most of it used to go to local thatchers.

Mention my name and see if anyone remembers me.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

Thanks Tony, Thats sorted things out very nicely !

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes, and I'll be wanting to steam bend it in my steam box too.

This IS Uk.DIY you know.... Thanks Andy. Steve

Reply to
Steve

telephones.)

Reply to