coppiced hazel ?

Hi Folks,
Are lengths of coppiced hazel or willow easy to come by from anywhere in the North of England ? SWMBO wants to make a yurt !
Thanks for any suggestions.
Steve
Steve Taylor wrote:

Shoud be. Just take a billhook into a quiet wood..

Theft!
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:46:42 +0000, Steve Taylor

Sorry, don't know about the North.
But you'll also be wanting a steam-bent eye for the middle of it. I know some retired yurt-builders (concentrating on timber-framing now) who might have some going spare. Drop an email to diana at timber-routes.co.uk
They could probably do you a whole yurt, if you wanted.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Yes, and I'll be wanting to steam bend it in my steam box too.

Thanks Andy. Steve
Steve Taylor wrote:

http://users.breathe.com/alanshepley/CANW/canwp&s.htm
tony
Tony wrote:

Thanks Tony, Thats sorted things out very nicely !
Steve

21 addresses 4 links to sites. Rustic or northern? (Funny they all have telephones.)

You could try the BTCV - http://www.btcv.org.uk/ and see if any of the local groups are producing any.
If all else fails, the Cambridge Conservation Volunteers produce quite a lot between November and March.
Most of it used to go to local thatchers.
Mention my name and see if anyone remembers me.
--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/ "Perfection [in design] is
achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but rather when there