Witch Hazel in a container?

Can you grow witch hazel in a container? If so which is the best variety?
--
Colstar

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 17:54:49 +0100, Colstar

Probably can be container grown, but why would you want to grow Witchhazel??? It's a small ugly brush like plant that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever as a landscaping plant, it's essentially a weed. You'd be much wiser to buy witchhazel lotion at any drugstore as an astringent, for like $2 a pint.... most prople, male and female, use witch hazel to relieve the pain and itch of crotch rot.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com;1032351 Wrote:

Oh wow, I had no idea. I just wanted some winter colour and scent. What would you recommend?
--
Colstar

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:21:58 +0100, Colstar

Febrez!

Maybe something like rosemary which you can also use as a herb.
On 12/10/2019 17:34, Frank wrote:

I'd go with Witch Hazel in a large container, when not in flower it can be moved away from the focal point. https://diygarden.co.uk/plants/witch-hazel/
On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 21:19:23 +0100, David Hill

I had a with hazel that I grew in a large tub out on my deck. Never had a problem with it there.