Witch Hazel in a container?

Can you grow witch hazel in a container? If so which is the best variety?

Reply to
Colstar

Probably can be container grown, but why would you want to grow Witchhazel??? It's a small ugly brush like plant that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever as a landscaping plant, it's essentially a weed. You'd be much wiser to buy witchhazel lotion at any drugstore as an astringent, for like $2 a pint.... most prople, male and female, use witch hazel to relieve the pain and itch of crotch rot.

Reply to
penmart01

Oh wow, I had no idea. I just wanted some winter colour and scent. What would you recommend?

Reply to
Colstar

Febrez!

Reply to
penmart01

Maybe something like rosemary which you can also use as a herb.

Reply to
Frank

I'd go with Witch Hazel in a large container, when not in flower it can be moved away from the focal point.

David Hill

I had a with hazel that I grew in a large tub out on my deck. Never had a problem with it there.

Reply to
Boron Elgar