Condensing combi - worth it?

I need to replace our (about 12-15 year) old gas system boiler with a combi and was toying with the idea of getting a condenser.

They are almost double the price of a normal combi, so in on a two-bedroomed terraced house with a shower, bath, dish and clothes washer, how long would they typcially take to make up for the extra investment? I've found some vague information around that says it may be 3-6 years. It might also be a plus point when selling the house as well perhaps I suppose.

Does anyone have any experience/comments?

Thannks,

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

NO. Some figures! Duh!

Reply to
IMM

In summer it will half the time. !0 ins is the worst case example, not typical.

Reply to
IMM

Given that the rate is at delta 35. Say a typical summertime mains temperature of 12C, this gives a delta 28. 28/35= 80% of the time required. Not half. To get half the time, the mains temperature would have to be

22.5C, which is ridiculous, unless you aren't supplied by a buried water main (i.e. you have a well with above ground storage tank).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

More like 30 years.

Aluminium heat exchangers are fine too. The early British aluminium exchangers were poor and rotted away. the new versions are silicon coated which prolongs the life. The Worcester-Bosch Greenstar is aluminium.

Reply to
IMM

Does "ally" mean alloy or aluminium? An ally is someone on your side in the war....

Reply to
hudsterou