Concrete SBR

I would be grateful if any one can advise me . I have an existing concrete area of 8x8 metres. I want to build a kennel run for dogs. I want to lay within the area, 6x6 m of concrete, over the existing concrete. The reason for this is to have a smoother surface, as the old surface is rough and will be difficult for cleaning. Can you advise me of a suitable and economical SBR compound to use. In addition, ideally the thickness will be 2". Will a strong mix of 3:1 be sufficient for strength and reduce permeability of the dogs urine etc. Many Thanks

Reply to
Chris Glass

You can buy 5L of SBR from most builders merchants for around £25. It's extremely "thin" and tends to make mortar sloppy. I'm not sure how this would affect concrete. It will almost certainly bond the 2 layers but it might make the aggregate sink and leave you with the finer stuff on the surface. It might be better to pva seal the base, lay the new stuff without additives, and use the SBR as a seal when it's dry.

Reply to
stuart noble