Concrete Path - Painting ????? please help

Hi, I have a concrete path with steps leading to my front door, and it is an eyesore. I dont want to hire somebody to dig it up, due to expense and problems with ?pipes, drains, and the path extends down the side of house also, with steps to my front door.

I was wondering about painting it, with floor paint with sand mixed in. Has anybody done this ? I know you can get special concrete floor paint, that lets the concrete breathe - normal masonry paint flakes apparently. But I dont know what the eventual effect would be.

There are some concrete resurfacing companies out there, but think they would charge thousands.

Thank you, Mia

Reply to
Mia

Epoxy concrete paint wears best. Staining the concrete with coloured concrete stains is another option, youtube shows how. Imho it looks much better.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Concrete looks a lot better when it's clean. Have it power washed and sealed maybe? Still an eyesore but maybe you can grow something at the edges. Lavender looks good. Painting it will almost certainly create an ongoing maintenance nightmare. You can get hard wearing paints for heavy traffic areas but I doubt they'll withstand the elements too

Reply to
stuart noble

On Friday 08 March 2013 17:02 Mia wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Have you consisidered a concrete *stain* instead of paint? Might be more subtle and last better.

Reply to
Tim Watts