Painting Help Please

My husband is using the rough type paint for the first time (and if he has his way the last I am certain) We have very uneven almost cracked walls and the people at the paint store assured us it would cover. Guess what? What are we doing wrong? It is going on without the bumps and ridges I had hoped. It almost looks like a smooth paint job. How do we cover those cracks etc. DId we buy the wrong paint? It looks sandy in the paint bucket.

Thank you so much.

Reply to
Padre

No one can say without seeing it, a paint store recomended it without seeing it ? real pros. Most textures especialy sand arnt designed for that, some heavy ones can help. But depending on wall view and sun- light exposure its possible only plastering will help, as you are seeing.

Reply to
m Ransley

Keep the paint stirred, Use a LARGE nap roller, 3/4 or 1 inch. thinning a tad might help the application

Reply to
SQLit

Thank you to both of you who responded to our problem. Now it is off to Lowes to buy an additional roller. The one they sold us is like a wire finish and it wouldn't pick up paint. Also he will try to dilute the paint. Keeping fingers crossed this will help. Thank you again.

Reply to
Padre