Completion Certificates

From what date were Building Control completion certificates issued?

I built a garage in 1986-7 and subsequantly extended it forwards in

2003, both tranches being with full planning permission and building control inspections. I have a completion certificate issued for the 2003 addition but cannot recall being given one for the 1986-7 original. Council are happy (for 40 quid) to issue one as it was completed under their supervision but when did BCO's start issuing certificates?

Needless to say it is the sale of the house that is prompting this.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Well before this, I remember an old girlfriend's dad asking me to plaster his ceiling and walls in an extension he'd built because he couldn't get the certificate on it and they were thinking of selling up, that was in '83

It's happening with lots of things these days, FENSA certs for windows, NECEIC certs for electricals, CORGI for gas....it'll get to the stage where you won't be able to paint the walls without a certificate.

Reply to
Phil L

This idea has been mentioned - I think a recent RLA magazine mentions that this is a possibility.. :)

Reply to
justcalledfubar