Combi Boiler

Hi

Recently my combi boiler has started to lose water. There are no obvious leaks but I have noticed it the driveway outside under the overflow pipe is wet.

Naturally the boiler keeps going out and needs to be relit. This is happening once maybe twice a day. I would be gratful for any advice.

Regards John

Reply to
John Fenton

It's not an overflow, it's the outlet of the pressure relief discharge valve. Sounds as if it's getting a bit incontinent. Unfortunately there are no pelvic floor excercises for boilers so it'll mean a replacement.

Usually a combi will stop firing up when the system pressure drops too low, but will work OK again when pressure is restored. However if you mean 'lit' as in reigniting a pilot light the boiler is old enough that you should consider replacing it.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Read the FAQ with particular regard to sealed systems

Reply to
John

Thus:

Reply to
Ed Sirett

If he has to keep on refilling it, then it'll probably scale up quite quickly

Reply to
raden