Collapsible / removable shower rail?

I have a Victorian pulley airer (called a 'kitchen maid'?) for drying cloth es sited above my bath. The problem is that this will clash with any showe r rail I put up around my bath - as the rack is lowered from the ceiling it will bump into the shower rail on its way down. I know you can get foldin g screens for showers but my bath's ends are not against the walls of the b athroom so I'd have to build a sort of pillar for this screen to attach to, I can't see this looking good.

So... Does anyone know of a shower rail that can fold against the wall or c an be removed easily (ie without undoing fixings)?

Reply to
Donatello

Is there any scope for making a lightweight framework that you could clip onto the pulley airer (to support a curtain) when needed?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

My airer has wooden slats - does yours? If so, you could easily shorten them.

Reply to
S Viemeister

The obvious suggestion would be to have a fold-away shower screen, mounted solely to the wall.

Reply to
Adrian

I can't do this as the bath's ends aren't against walls, the fold away screens I've seen are placed at the corner of the bath and screwed into the wall.

Reply to
Donatello

Reply to
Donatello