Coffee Jar threads (Gripe only)

I notice that Nescafe has changed from a two start thread to a single start thread on the lids. Not nearly as effective.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

"New improved"

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

It takes a certain type of person to notice that...

(That's not a criticism; indeed I think it's quite the opposite!)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

On a possibly related note, the Nescafe Gold Blend refill packs don't taste like the Gold Blend in the jars.

So another Nescafe related gripe.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Mathew Newton wrote in news:ea266cc5- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I recall using a jar to illustrate a multi start thread to a group of apprentices.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I can only suggest trying Carte Noire. Only then will you realise how insipid Gold Blend is. :)

Reply to
GB

Nescafe is made in different strengths for different countries. The Nescafe available in Spain is quit superior to that sold in the U.K.

Reply to
fred

I daresay the taste will change soon, too, when they close the Hayes Nescafe factory down.

Reply to
John Williamson

FWIW, we switched to Douwe Egberts years ago. I had some Gold Blend at a meeting a couple of weeks ago and it was *nasty*.

Reply to
Huge

SWMBO made a mistake of buying some "Gold Blend Smooth". Same jar and almost identical label. Tasted of nothing.

Reply to
charles

I notice that Nescafe has changed from a two start thread to a single start thread on the lids. Not nearly as effective.

OOOOOH ! How quaint.... Instant Coffee

Gave that crap up 3 years ago when we bought a small DeLonghi espresso maker and real coffee out of a PACKET. Works out at around 6p a cup inc mail n leccy.

Currenlt supping a mug of Lavazza Rosso, ½" of "Crema" on the top and sugar...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Unfortunately at work, wherever I happen to be I get offered a multitude of coffee factory floor crap or the cheapest the bastids can buy...

So I installed another DeLonghi machine in the back of my service van (Inc

5kVa inverter supplied by my company) to have a proper coffee at work as well now
Reply to
Nthkentman

Nescafe Black Magic is the 'best' Nescafe I've tried. Haven't seen it in a shop again.

Reply to
PeterC

I'm into Nescafe Azera Cappuccinno - comes in a 6 Sachet pack, pricy but very nice indeed.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Have to agree that I now cannot stand instant coffee. I only ever have any now when someone makes a mistake - I'd always choose tea over crap coffee. Last time I bought some it was Alta Rica which was, at least then, somewhat nicer than most others.

One company I visit does have a Jura Ena bean to cup machine - a couple of shots of espresso from that is rather nice.

I also agree that Lavazza produce some pretty good coffee. I really like their Tierra.

Reply to
polygonum

Which one out of interest - there are quite a few:

I am tempted to get one for work...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yuppie!

Cue "three yorkshiremen"

Reply to
newshound

Which one out of interest - there are quite a few:

I am tempted to get one for work...

ECOV310 for home as it's got the steamer on the side (Rarely used as me Nuke the milk) EC750 in my van (The milk device can be tedious if you forget to clean it out regular, unless you enjoy yoghourt)

Reply to
Nthkentman

Thanks - that looks interesting.

BTW - I was in Google once (London Victoria) - their staff coffee areas are kitted out with a number of proper industrial espresso machines (you get a training course apparently) and a *massive* number of bean dispensers - each one with different contents.

You blend and brew as the mood takes you. Different world - it really was...

Reply to
Tim Watts

+407.

Nescafe coffee of any type is just vile. I presume the only reason it sells well is due to the catering size packs beloved of church halls and office kitchenettes indocterinating people to it.

At one point they were doing a powder version of the ordinary red jar that looked like sweepings out of the machinery but, unlike the old joke ("Of course, it was ground this morning"), I'd rather have a cup of hot mud.

Reply to
Scott M

minus the cost of the machine.

Reply to