Cleaning very dirty marble floor.

Hello,

Our Kitchen has marble floor tiles which a looking very dirty and they seem to have a horrible white shadow. I can't really remember how clean it was when new because we had to temporarily lay down lino because my 1 year old found it horrible to crawl about on. We have Hagesan wash and shine and their polish. These products make no difference to the appearance.

What do you reckon needs doing?

Thank you.

Reply to
dawoodseed

Marble is porous & the dirt has been absorbed into the surface.

Use a strong mix of neutral detergent & soak the floor, keep agitating with a mop, keep the surface covered e.g. don't let it dry out. Half an hour should do the job.

Pick up the liquid with a wet vacuum & rinse. Should make a big difference.

Failing that, you can use a mildly acidic stone cleaner like this (QMT Stoneclean)

Look under Janitorial Supplies in YP - most stock Prochem products.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The dirt/stain gets in to the marble and needs lifting out - acetone works well but a whole floor's worth is a bit daunting.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Thank you everyone for the help.

Reply to