Cleaning Marble Hearth

Anyone had any experience in bringing their marble hearth back to its original glory.

I have been given a marble hearth but although the silicon around the edges (where they had laminate flooring) came of easy there is a black mark in the middle from coke/coal.

I myself have a Parkray 1/11 fire so it will come into contact with coke dust again but would like to know how to get clean in the first place.

Cheers

Coop

Reply to
Coop

Buy the right stuff,don't use proprioty brand cleaners as marble can be stained with some of them,it has to be a nuetral/opaque cleaner.

The3rd Earl Of Derby