Cleaning SIlicone from cultured marble

Recently had bathroom remodelled. The contractor was asked (politely) to remove the "gunk" around the sink drain collar. He used his finger nail to scrape the surface of the drain collar, which had a lacquer finish. The (silicon) gunk remians.

When replacing that drain collar I will also want to remove the silicon used as a sealant from the sink baisn where teh drain collar sits. Any suggestions for a solvent for this purpose ?

Reply to
Vince

Just try rubbing it off. If you want, you can spray some Windex on it to see if it makes removal easier.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

The silicone hasn't bonded deep into the cultured marble, it's sitting on the surface. Solvents may do more harm than good. I'd use my finger nail and finish up with a rough towel.

RicodJour

Old credit cards. You can ct 'em to reach difficult crevices.

Nothing common is going to dissolve silicone caulk.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch