Removing wax from toilet wax ring

I am getting rid of an unneeded toilet. That tiny bathroom is never used and would serve much better as a closet. I was smelling an odor from that room, and realized it was sewer odor, because the water had dried up in that toilet, as well as the water in the sink trap too.
The sink is easy, just remove it and cap the pipe. To remove the toilet I bought a plug made to seal the toilet flange, and now have that in place. (For resale value, I am not removing the flange or pipes, someone else may want that as a bathroom again). (Maybe I should call it a powder room, there is no bathtub in there).
Anyhow, the toilet is removed the flange is plugged, but there is still wax on the flange and nearby floor. I'm looking for something that will remove all of that wax. Probably a solvent of some sort. Anyone know of anything for that purpose?
I plan to just screw down some 3/8" plywood over the flange and paint it. It's just going to be a storage closet.... But I'd still like to clean up that wax first.
My thoughts are gasoline or charcoal lighter fluid. I'm not real fond of using gasoline in the house though, but I know to do it safely. But I am hoping to find something safer, and less odorous. (Dish detergent dont work, I already tried that). Yes, I did remove the bulk of the wax with a scraper and paper towels.

Naptha Paint thinner
On 1/12/2018 12:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@xyzmail.com wrote:

Heat melts wax. Once heated you can wipe or scrape it better.
On 1/12/18 12:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@xyzmail.com wrote:

Stiff putty knife
--
Before beginning, plan carefully.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:44:12 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@xyzmail.com wrote:

Hot water and soap. Boil some water and use a mop.