Polishing marble floor

Hi there,

We have a dark blue marble floor in the kitchen, it is usually deep cleaned with a wet vac and neutral cleaner as advised on here before. However we want the floor to have a wet look shine to it, so we were thinking of using this:

are your thoughts on this? How would one apply such a product?

Seeing as the kitchen is quite a high traffic area, would this be better?

VAG_dude

Well if it works, it certainly looks good value...

Spamlet

Well I'm pleased to say it worked very well :)

Reply to
VAG_dude

The first one is a 'dry bright' very high solids polish (25%) which you basically put down & forget (almost). The latter is a 21% solids polish so not as durable as the first, but is spray buffable so it is easier to maintain - if you have a machine.

The 25% dry brights are incredibly tough, used to sell them to P&O Ferries & B&Q's so they will stand an awful amount of foot traffic.

How to apply? A decent quality cotton mop

mop in polish, just dampish, mop along edges first, then fill in. Self levels, dries in an hour.

Eventually it will need recoating though & marble doesn't like highly alkaline polish strippers much, but you could mop on/vac off something like this

which would do the job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On the bottle of the Wet Look polish says it responds to high or low speed burnishing, what is this?

I cleaned the floor with a strong mix of Neutral cleaner using the scrub/dry function on my George vac, it seemed to clean off all the Klear floor polish Mum had tried putting on, we then applied the polish with a cotton cloth and done 2 coats as advised, floor now looks very clean and shiny and its not slippery at all. Mopping with Neutral Cleaner should be okay for maintenance isn't it?

How often should it be recoated?

Thanks :)

Reply to
VAG_dude

Tony Soprano gets his supplies from Jangro....

"highly recommended for removing body fat from washroom areas"

about your drains MrNielsen...

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

We've been using this a while now but the shine doesn't seem to last very l= ong at all, the laminate floor in the porch looks great for a long time wit= h the polish but the kitchen lasts about 2-3 weeks. The floor is only ever = cleaned with the correct mix of neutral cleaner and the polish is always ap= plied to a spotless floor etc...

Any reason why?

I note that Jangro recommend using their Perfumed floor maintainer product?= Also what is spray buffing, the Neutral cleaner can be used with a mop or = in a spray bottle with cold water, sprayed and then buffed with a machine.

I replied via Google Groups, couldnt find this thread on Thunderbird..

Reply to
dawoodseed