Re: Household cleaning chemicals?

> Yesterday I went to my local janitorial suppliers to pick up some

> > Prochem carpet cleaning chemicals. We got talking and he was telling > > me that I would be better off getting all the household chemicals from > > them as the ones from supermarkets are woefully watered down and work > > out to be very expensive, he gave an example; the degreaser they sell > > is around £10 for 5 litres but then dilutes down to make 13-14 750ml > > spray bottles. > > He gave you good advice.

I thought so ;-)

> > He also pointed out that if things were dirtier than > > usual you could just make the cleaning mixture a tad richer. This all > > seems very good to me and when we do run out of things like all > > purpose cleaner, bathroom cleaner, degreaser, bleach etc I think we > > will start replacing them with the trade alternatives. > > However I am > > slightly confused as they are so many different types of things, like > > bleach is available with 4.5% available chlorine and 4.7%. > > You don't need bleach.  It achieves nothing in a bathroom.

Will let Mum know, I think she uses it mostly to stop smells in the kitchen drain.

> > There are a > > variety of washroom chemicals too. Can you help me to decide on what > > chemicals I need? First off an APC to replace Flash and a bathroom > > cleaner to replace Mr Muscle which tbh is good but still works out > > expensive when you look at the products available. Also will these > > chemicals be more likely to destroy things as I seen a few with the > > Corrosive label on them. > > Not if you follow the instructions. > > > And is it really a good idea and do you think they are any downsides > > apart from storing 5 litre bottles? > > None. > > > This is the supplier:
> The prices on the website are not all correct and I can also get 15% > > discount on certain things. > > Trust me, you only need a few thing to keep a house clean. > > Jangro are a buying cooperative of independant janitorial suppliers, they > know their stuff & have huge buying power.

Have you ever used anything from Jangro?

> First of all, in the bathroom you only need a daily cleaner & a toilet bowl > descaler.  Bleach has no place in a bathroom, its a complete waste of money. > > For a daily cleaner the Toilet & Washroom Cleaner Descaler or the Perfumed > Toilet Cleaner > will do sinks, toilets, baths. showers etc.  Acidic Toilet Cleaner & Lime > scale Remover will deep clean the toilet bowl once a week.

Thanks

> For the kitchen all you need is a good hard surface cleaner either the > Jangro Heavy Duty Cleaner Odourless or the Kitchen Cleaner Sanitiser > Odourless

What is the main differences between their:

a) Multi surface cleaner

Hard surface cleaner
Heavy duty cleaner
?

Will their all in one cleaner and disinfectant do the job? I think my Mum often adds a little bit of Dettol to her cleaning bucket when wiping down walls so this will save her having to get a disinfectant.

> These are both 'no taint, no taste' cleaners. > > Most of those are available in 1 litre bottles.  Try a few, then buy 5 > litres of the ones you like. > > You might want to add a glass cleaner, an air freshener and a polish.

One more question, will their neural floor cleaner:

the job on our marble floor when used via the George scrubbing/ drying facility, also will it be OK on laminate? At the moment we use just water on the marble floor as the neutral cleaner from a local tiles place is way to costly and runs out very quickly and on the laminate we use a dedicated cleaner.

> Worth checking out toilet roll prices as well.

Good point,

> -- > Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Thanks for the help so far, very much appreciated.

Reply to
David
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember David snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com saying something like: