Changing the pump speed - is it safe?

Before I go and do this I thought I'd ask here. My pump seems to be making a bit of a racket whilst the system is warming up - the noise gets less once the house is warm.
The pump is running at it's slowest speed. Is it safe to crack it up to 2 or 3 to see if that gets rid of the noise or am I likely to get burst pipes or rads with the increased water flow.
Sorry for what looks like a completely basic question.
Thanks.
Dave.

making
once
pipes
If that were the case, I would move out quick! Seriously, the pump speed will have no effect whatsoever on the pipes or radiators. The variable speed is there so you can set the pump to be as quiet and understretched as possible, while still doing the job.
OTOH if the pump is getting knackered and noisy, increasing the speed is likely to make the effects worse rather than better.
So- try any speed you like, but you may be in for a new pump.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

You won't burst any pipes etc, as the actual pressure the pump provides is tiny.
But if you have an open system - the type with a non sealed header tank somewhere - make sure there's no hot water or steam coming out of the expansion pipe when the pump is running with the system fully hot. This is known as pumping over, and will introduce air to the system which will cause corrosion and even more noise.
Also, is there corrosion inhibitor (Fernox etc) in the system? This can lower noise generally as well as protecting it.
--
*The modem is the message *

making
once
pipes
Have you tried bleeding the air out of the system. Start at the highest radiator and work your way down to the lowest. Remember to check for bleeder valves around the boiler pipework as well.
If the sound is a slight hammering or ticking noise, then it could just be the pipework heating up and expanding.

A "slight hammering", now there's a phrase to conjure with!
--
Tim Mitchell

to 2

be
That's as opposed to a BigWallop. :-))
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Talking pumps, has anyone any experience of the Grundfos alpha+
The website looks good - is the pump as good?
http://www.grundfos-www.com/alpha/frames_html.htm
Kev
Kev Parkin wrote:

Blimey charlie! I don't know any installers that look like that, or are their 'Alpha Force' providing a crack rapid response emergency team.
--
Toby.

I've just discovered a problem. No make that multiple problems. On my CH pump circuit. I need assistance right now ;)
Good bit of marketing though - using rather beautiful young ladies in the ad - you'd never connect them with "pumping" though would you? ;)
PoP
Grundfos site (c):

Are they for real?
Regards, NT