ceiling rose position

Brilliant! Thanks for that. You do realise this means my other half was right all along? Not something we wish to encourage.

Reply to
stuart noble

I always thought that was to stop the doorknob banging against the wall, but this is more convincing.

Reply to
stuart noble

Yep. All pvc wiring, but still with fuses. There's a sparks on the case so that's one aspect I'm not going to think about. I might have to do something about the loft insulation though. How can people spend over a grand on a Smeg cooker, have a power shower fitted, and yet be happy with barely an inch of fibreglass over just half the loft? 16 x B&Q triple packs delivered for £68 sounds like it will be money well spent

Reply to
stuart noble

Does it not also serve to help prevent heat loss from a heated bedroom to an unheated landing?

Reply to
Andrew May

It is the same in Victorian houses, so I guess it follows where the gas lamps were put before electric ligh came along. I had always thought the reason was so the light came from the window direction so that chairs would not need moving after dark.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

I thought that was the case too. The house we bought was my wifes grandparents, and I rewmember being there when the dressing table was in front of the window with the pendant hanging over, so it seemed obvious. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

>>> Do you have to sign up in order to see the image in-focus?

Doesn't work for me. Tried it on different browsers and from different places. I think it doesn't work because it redirects to a version for displaying on mobile phones with only low resolution (and I'm not doing it on a mobile phone anyway). All the graphics on the page display only in very low resolution, not just the picture.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Found a way - click on "full website", then search for adam's stuff, then search for the picture.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Are you using a mobile broadband connection? T-mobile in particular use a very heavy compression on images.

Reply to
djc

Just don't tell her:-)

ARWadsworth

My apologies. I use that site because it is free.

Name a better site to host the photos and I may change where I post them to.

Of course when I click on the link I am automatically logged in and so do not see what you see:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No, was using my line-based broadband. Then I tried via VPN into the office network. Tried firefox on Solaris, Firefox on Windows, IE on Windows. All the same result.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

typical 30s

Donno but the orginal light fitting in my parents 30's semi where ina similar position.

Ah but peoples perceptions have changed so have window coverings but quite a few don't seem to realise how things change when the light levels inside/outside alter at night. Thin curtains may as well not be there at night...

wall?

Having just had half a dozen doors hung the only one that "protects" the room is the bathroom one, all the others open against the wall so as not to waste space or get in the way when open.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What did they charge for hanging them? IYDMMA?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"protects"

The five figure joiners bill doesn't go into that much detail.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

if you upload a photo as a file (not a photo) to a yahoo group then it isnt resized.

george [dicegeorge]

Thanks mate.

Reply to
ARWadsworth