Ceiling cracks

As lots of peeps I have cracks on my ceiling where plaster boards join. Normally I dig these out a little then fill with plaster, this does not last too long. What are other peeps preferred way of dealing with this please?

Reply to
Broadback

fill with decorators caulk instead.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Broadback coughed up some electrons that declared:

I've had some luck daubing PVA in to cracks on plaster as it tends to glue the edges together. Perhaps start with a 2:1 dilution with water to get it soaked in, then brush some neat in, depending on how big the crack is.

Sounds like the original joint wasn't taped?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S