CCTV and public notices

que?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, Chavs were oringinall supposed to be indigenous to Chatham - which is south of the Thames and east of the Meday.

Let's not even start on 'Men of Kent' and 'Kentish Men'...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

> with reference to the introduction and end note 2.

Thanks for the links. I have decided not to put a notice up and I will see what action is taken. The person that has made the complaint to the council has been named as the "impact officer" has sent a letter to him about the issue and sent it to my address not his.

I think the council can do sweet FA against me after reading those links.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I don't really know to be honest. I came across this a while ago when in a local car park which had been invaded by pikeys.

Since Medway Council are like Rotwiellers when it comes to issuing parking tickets (you have to pay & display till 10pm etc), I went into Victor Meldrum mode and rang the local parking office. I complained that they were parking without tickets, in disabled persons bays etc and would he send wardens down to issue the necessary penalties.

The guy told me that he would inform the Traveller Liaison Officer, but couldn't send wardens because they might be subjected to abuse or violence.

I asked if I could get away with parking without payment if I abused or attacked the warden - apparently not.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm thinking of marketing Victor Meldrew starter kits. The dirty-old-man ones (with jumble sale mac) were such a riproaring success last Christmas that it seems an obvious thing to do. I could then market dyspepsia medicince to council officials.

So have you met this TLO? Is he a hard bastard?

Trouble is that you're not a disadvantaged minority.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Grammar makes the sense a bit difficult to follow but I wonder if your council guy is similar to one here, council rules mean he is bound to respond and protect the complainant's identity but if he deems a complaint vexatious and trivial he writes to both parties but somehow manages to stuff each party's letter into the other's envelope ;-).

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Do you have any references for that? When I asked our local police about putting a camera up, they said I can aim it where-ever I liked and did not need any kind of notices. The only exceptions were other people's property and schools (we live next to a school), but the public highway and footpaths are fair game.

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

no references at all. 3 or 4 years ago my parents cctv caught a youth stealing bits off their camper van on the drive and the police had told them the tape was no good for a court of law. But as people have stated - laws have (appaerently) changed since then

Chris

Reply to
chris 159

Take a look at the rest of the thread for the answer.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , chris 159 wrote

It's more to do with the typical Police attitude that the victim is to blame for having something worth stealing - they don't want to be bothered with minor crimes.

Reply to
Alan