Cavity wall and roof insulation and condensation

On Sunday 23 June 2013 17:48 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Why?

Reply to
Tim Watts

So millions of houses are unmortgageable ???? That REALLY IS UTTER RUBBISH.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

If anything, it will do the opposite. It will also make it easier to sell, if you decide to move.

Reply to
John Williamson

Let me give you an exaple of the thingsthat litter the internet: By the way, this is the firm contracted to do the work for me.

Thanks.

Reply to
sweetheart

I have said this before but I will repeat it. When I married I married for better or worse, richer or poorer in sickness and in health till " death us do part" . Thats why. I didn't say I would only take him for whatever time it was convenient and ditch him when I got fed up or he became a problem.

Reply to
sweetheart

So, they have had two problems that the BBC report out of many properties, both of which they are working to solve. In one case, the property may have been unsuitable, in the other, the property had a bridged damp proof course, which would be causing damp problems even without the insulation. In either case, it's likely that the installers are not to blame. The surveyor might be at fault in not spotting the problems, though, and their professional insurance should cover the costs of rectification.

If you look for posts about problems with anything on the internet, you will find them. Some of them might even be justified. You are very unlikely to find a post that says "I had the insulation installed and it saved me loads of money". That's just human nature. Spread the complaints widely, but keep quiet about the good stuff.

Reply to
John Williamson

Perhaps you did but is he upholding his half of the contract? If not then you're perfectly entitled to call it a day. I'm sure many on uk.d-i-y could offer sage advice

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

No love, cherish or obey then?

Reply to
ARW

Very good with sliced pork fillet, mustard (coarse and Dijon), and sliced onion - each fried in butter to brown, then into ceramic dish, pour mustard/water/stock on and 170 C for about 45 minutes.

Reply to
polygonum

I will answer this despite my reservations - the Church service was the standard ASB (1980) and obey had been removed. It was the normal C of E service book for the time. Love and cherish were there.

Reply to
sweetheart

Thanks. I appreciate your time in looking at that and explaining.

Reply to
sweetheart

In article , sweetheart scribeth thus

Well a lot of wimmen do!..

And then relieve him of his money too..

Reply to
tony sayer

This is complete and utter twaddle! Literally millions of houses have had after market CWI fitted.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

On Sunday 23 June 2013 19:34 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"in particular, claiming they sealed up vents below his wooden floor, despite the company website stating such vents "must be safeguarded"

Let's address that one - do you have solid or wooden ground floors?

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Sunday 23 June 2013 19:37 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Whilst me and theh missus will have a free an frank exchange on certain ideas, if I was that much of a wazzock, she would kick my arse out.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Sunday 23 June 2013 19:56 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I went off the CoE when I found out they were full of kiddy fiddling bastards and corrupt wankers covering for the former, like the Catholics.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I have wooden suspended floors with a 4ft void below ( and air bricks around. We also have radon in my area and the air bricks do prevent that.

Reply to
sweetheart

There was a time when he was fine - even good at things. Then PCC gave him the push after nearly 39 years. He lived for his job, was totally shocked and abandoned when they told him they would either allow him to retire with his pension or they would make him redundant and he would not get his pension He was 58 and losing the job he loved so much virtually destroyed him. He gave them more hours than they paid him for. He worked hard. he cared. They " replaced" him with two young lasses so they could show " diversity and equal opportunities" They didnt want a skilled time served bloke,they wanted to whips of girls - who later got pregnant and one lost a licence for drink driving.

I cant boot him out for that. But it does show you what happens if you are loyal to an employer and they are not loyal back.

Ever since he has been a worrying, worried , semi paranoid, money fearful broken man.

Reply to
sweetheart

Then they *must* be kept open. Wooden floors can rot in an unbelievably short time, but any responsible installer will do the job correctly by lining the air-bricks and now you know what is required, you can ensure they do it properly.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

You need cavity wall/roof insulation, especially if it's free. It will cut a chunk off your fuel bills apart from anything else. Exactly how much depends on what insulation you presently have.

And it's bound to improve the condensation thing. Maybe even eliminate it altogether.

Also, look into the "Green Deal", they will inspect your property and tell you what else can be done. Nothing to pay up front, you pay on your electric bills and the saving is guaranteed to be more than the repayments.

Reply to
harryagain