Cats - how to get rid if them

Therein lies the tale. Most owners do give their pets a diet that is way too high in protein for their needs.

In terms of confining a cat into a space, IME that is impossible to do

100%.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

They certainly will, and it is the most digusting crap you will ever have to deal with (and I've had kids). Microbes don't seem to want to have anything to do with it, and it has an astonishing ability to crust over and never dry out.

Reply to
John Laird

It's not, I know someone with three cats, in a modest sized house, who does just that. It's to protect them against getting fleas and lice from other cats.

I don't like it, by the way, but it can be done.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Keep them in the house?

There are plenty of effective treatments against fleas obtainable from the vet, so I don't see the need.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Cats don't have owners. They have staff. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

She's a biologist and has worked with parasites. I suppose she knows more about them than we do ... I'm still surprised.

The point I was making was that it's not impossible to keep cats indoors permanently.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Perhaps he was talking about the cats ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Too true.

If you've never read it, I would recommend The Silent Miaow by Paul Gallico....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't think that it is very fair to a cat to keep it permanently captive in a house or restrict its movements in other ways.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Andy Hall writes

I would say to that, don't have a pet that you can't control, its a pet (sic) hate of mine because we have a lot of cats in my neighbourhood and having ran the mower over the piles a few time (I love the smell of finely chopped up cat shit) cleaned it off the kids shoes and had to weed it out of flower beds, I'm not the biggest fan of cats

Reply to
David

Nor do I. But that doesn't make it impossible :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Andy Hall writes

Reply to
David

That was funny too, but not as subtle.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Andy Hall writes

Don't have one then Andy, then its fair to everyone including your neighbours and what gets me (pulling up soapbox and getting comfortable) is people aren't content with even just one of the buggers, oh no, they have two, three and even more, what is that all about??? they crap in your garden, slaughter the local birdlife, play havoc with my pets, what

*are* cats useful for!!
Reply to
David

There's nothing subtle about cats. They just want you to think there is - and they fool many people.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, in my friend's case none of the above apply :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Mary Fisher writes

Accepted Mary, I also have a friend who keeps her cat inside, I also know people that have trained their cats to only use litter trays, it can be done but most people don't bother which is inconsiderate to say the least

Reply to
David

In message , snipped-for-privacy@chaplehouse.demon.co.uk wrote

Measuring a the size of a room. If you can't swing it then it's too small.

Reply to
Alan

No, the cats have trained the humans to empty litter trays.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Why do you have attachments in your posts?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher