Cartels

The UK seems to have cartels in the garden machinery business. I have been trying to buy a new ride on 28" mower, but find that every Mountfield or Atco dealer in the country is selling at the same price. None of them are competing for business. Very frustrating. Does anyone know of a website where buyers can ask for competitive quotes?

Reply to
Capitol

I don't have an answer for you but I agree. I have a Kubota ride-on mower, spares are *ridiculously* expensive here. I used to buy them direct from a supplier in the USA, even with international mail it was far cheaper. However Kubota have now told them they can't sell overseas, at least not to the UK.

I now buy as much as possible from AliExpress, even cheaper if they have what I need.

Reply to
cl

look on ebay. When I was looking for a ride-on in January there were wide variations between local traders - even for the same machine.

Reply to
charles

Haven't seen any new machines for sale on ebay.

Reply to
Capitol

I got my last mower, brand new, via eBay.

Reply to
charles

"looking for a ride-on in January" could be the reason - that might be a good time to buy. Won't now be a really bad time to buy one, since people will be preparing for the new season?

Reply to
Clive George