Carpet gripper

Has anybody had any experience with this-

?Or it is there any reason to spend the extra tenner on this one
(I can get it for ~£30 off eBay)?

Looking to use it with a cheap carpet with no underlay in a flat that I am about to put on the market, so just looking for tidy edging ...

Reply to
JoeJoe

I'd change about them.

Reply to
Grunff

In message , JoeJoe writes

Not sure that 8 quid is going to break the bank if you are selling a flat, but I dont know of any reason not to buy the cheaper one.

On another note - Have you noticed how much more luxurious an expensive underlay can make a cheap carpet feel. I use carpet at £3 a sq.yd. with Cloud 9 Cumulus underlay, (around £40/45 for 18 sq.yds on ebay). It feels a million dollars compared with either cheap, or no, underlay, will give buyers a much better perception of the flat, and will either get you more money for the flat, or a quicker sale.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Cheap underlay will probably be effective in the short term - certainly a lot better than none at all.

Reply to
Rob Morley

And it'll help stop that bump around the edge of the room where the gripper strip is under the carpet. If I saw that in a flat I was thinking of buying I'd thing cheap, nasty and what other corners have been cut that haven't spotted or worse can't see.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice