Cannon gas cooker burner

One of the small burners on our Cannon cooker will only run on the lowest flame, whatever the knob is set to. The burner jet looks OK and it's had nothing spilt on it. I guess the valve's probably at fault. Anyone know what might be wrong? I'm prepared to call the service man out but if it's simple & safe to fix I might as well DIY it.

B.

Reply to
BS

I had a similar problem immediately following the replastering of my kitchen (grease and dust together??) anyway I cleaned my oven-top with a steam cleaner and it fixed! cheers

Reply to
sid

Thanks, but the burner is OK - I think the problem is at the knob/valve end, and probably simple to fix if I knew what it was...

Reply to
BS

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:56:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@garnet.net (BS) strung together this:

And how have you arrived at that conclusion? I'd just call someone out if I were you.

Reply to
Lurch

Jet is clean and nothing's been spilled near it. Flame is OK low but does not respond to opening the tap. So it's not as though the jet is in effect smaller.

I just have :( (screams from wallet)

BS

Blocked jet taps dont fail in this way on gas cookers, how do you know the jets not blocked, have you removed it and checked it ?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Red-face time. Thanks to you guys I checked the jet "one last time". You can guess the rest.

Brian (DIY, failed)

Reply to
BS

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:37:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@garnet.net (BS) strung together this: