camera battery

I have a Vivitar S830 with no battery.

The battery is 3.7v 550 Mah NK-01 GB/T 18287-2000

The battery is 37x33x7 mm

vivitar dont have any

any clues where i can get something to fit

Chris

Reply to
christopher

Google is your friend

newshound

I get the feeling that no-one thinks that any more.

Reply to
polygonum

I'm finding that Google less useful for finding anything these days. The first Google page is full of hits for other web sites doing searches of multiple search engines and coming up with items from companies at twice the recommended retail price. Alternatively, hundreds of reviews for the things you want to buy but with very few hits for anyone selling them.

Reply to
alan

See if Bilitong do a replacement. Certainly very good for phone batteries

Reply to
stuart noble

Try 7dayshop

I use them and have bought camera batteries and chargers from them.

Reply to
Old Codger

For me, Google seems to have become almost unusable. There now seems to be no way of turning off the once-optional 'predictive text' function (well, you can try, but it has no effect). As a result, from the first letter you type in, it gets excited and shoots off searching for what IT thinks you might be looking for.

After finding (literally) millions of hits on something you're not looking for, it then runs out of puff, seizes up, and displays an 'unresponsive script' message.

Eventually, it usually settles down, allows you to complete your typing, and finally condescends to search for what you REALLY want.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

F Murtz

On my system (W7 pro using Chrome), the Amazon link was the fourth hit on searching "18287", hardly a sophisticated search expression. And two of the higher ones were eBay.

Reply to
newshound

For a lot of experienced search engine users, it's more like "Google is your back stabbing friend".

Reply to
Johny B Good

Any good ?

michael adams

michael adams

In message , michael adams writes

Perfect. Thanks Interesting.

I like Google, but I do have the others - none of which seems to suffer from Googol's obsession with predictive searching.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Turn off javascript. Properly written sites don't need it and as your machine isn't labouring away running the script(s) are far more responsive and quite often easier to use. Easier to use as content isn't hidden behind float over/requires a click to view a javascript "user experience enhancing feature".

The increasing use of HTML5 is also reducing the amount of plugins or scripts and the "dynamic" rendering between "desktop" and "mobile" helps as well. Sites tend to fall back to the simple "mobile" view if they don't recognise the browser.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

christopher put finger to keyboard:

Give MDS Battery

a go.

Reply to
Scion

In article , Scion scribeth thus

Yes, used them in the past quite knowledgeable they were too:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Ian Jackson writes

The predictive searching on that and other sites is javascript based so if you have a browser for basic work with javascript disabled then you avoid many annoying intrusions.

Here I have Opera for basic work with javascript (and certain other fussy stuff) turned off and I use firefox for other stuff that requires it enabled.

I deliberately installed an older version of Firefox (v21.0) as it gives you greater control of what runs in your browser (it can disable javascript easily if you so choose (later versions can't) and its control of cookies is nicer, I also have flash normally off and enable it only when I want to view something like youtube).

Reply to
fred

Noted. Thanks. Seems to work too.

Reply to