Camera battery

Looking around for a Coolpix replacement battery, and most seem to specify "genuine Nikon" or, worse still, "original Nikon". What I want is a brand new sealed job, and I don't care whose name is on it. I've gone for a Hama. So far so good.

Reply to
stuart noble

I've been buying clone batteries for my digital cameras for at least 10 years and have not yet had a problem. I must have about 20 of them.

Reply to
newshound

Why do you need so many then ?

I brought my canon G10 in 2009 with one battery and havent needed to replace it yet. I brought an EOS M3 about 3 years ago and still using the same battery. I admit I should carry at least one spare battery, but unless I had 5-10 cameras why would I need 20 batteries (unless they are AA/AAA/AAAA etc...

Reply to
whisky-dave

Two spares for the Ixus. One for the G10. Three for the X-E1 which is now the main camera. Four for the GoPros. Four for a tiny Panasonic camcorder which only shoots about four minutes per battery. One for the Legria. OK that is only fifteen clones, plus the seven originals.

I *always* carry at least one spare battery (and a memory card).

Reply to
newshound

My Ricoh caplio uses two standard AA cells :-).

Std, rechargeable (NiMH) or Lithium batteries can be used.

Still works 13 years after I bought it. My eyes on the other hand struggle with the small LCD screen, almost impossible to use the LCD in strong sunlight, but it has the advantage of a zooming *optical* viewfinder (camera is nominally 28-80).

Reply to
Andrew

I usually carry a spare camera and spare batteries. I also have a phone camera but its sealed so you can't swap the batteries in the field.

Reply to
dennis

In the past I used to carry 2 spare batteries for my Panasonic so that it would last a whole day when out and about. I take many videos with it and also like to have a coordinate stamp - both videos and keeping the GPS receiver turned on are real power killers.

In recent years I simply carry one spare battery, just in case, and one of these + a charging cable. Also good when the phone is about to die.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I guess I'm lucky because I know how long my battery will last, well I did, I forgot the exact time but I know it'll last ~84mins filming a gig and as most gigs I film are under 45mins closer to 30mins I don't normally need to take an extra battery or memory card as during that time I know that filming the gig will use about 4GB.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes, the Ixus and G10 have that too. Becoming increasingly rare, though. The EVF on the Fuji is pretty good. Lots of compacts these days only have the back screen.

Reply to
newshound