Cable connectors for telephone wiring

Page 3 of 3

So that RS site charges 25 for something you can create yourself for less than 1? Wow.
BTW - I emailed you using my weirdly named email account re. the jellybeans. I should really remember to use my sneezy account but I forget :)
--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what

full retail markup by RS, will allow any half-asleep person using these connectors day in day out to make a reliable connection with no judgment needed even when they're rcovering after a hard night out. For the careful and competent d-i-y'er, the improvised-from-available-tools solutions suggested make good economic sense. But it'd be idiocy for BT (say) to kit out engineers with pliers-with-temporary-closure-limiters taped to them: the cost of rework as the bodges-by-busy-engineers who hadn't noticed the bodge had fallen off would far outweigh any temporary savings on the linesman's toolkit. (Not that some penny-pinching moron in a muddle-mgmt position mightn't think it up as a cost-saving initiative, mind: *and* spend 10 times the immediate money saved on a Report on How To Do It in pretty-coloured report covers ;-)
Stefek
snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote:

I have seen the tool advertised as a price of about a fiver by places other than RS (although it is tricky to track down suppliers of it) which seems far more reasonable.
I found that using an ordinary pair of pliers you would need to try quite hard to over crimp the things - enough is obvious - the top cover snaps into place nicely - more would require a fair bit of extra force.
--
Cheers,

John.

snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote in wrote:

The episode of Back to the Floor where the MD discovered that the removal lorries didn't have first aid kits. The grunts used brown parcel tape instead. Much cheaper and the tape's available anyway.