Bubbling Keston 25 Problem - Please help

Page 2 of 2

Nah. I prefer not to touch the gas side. ;-)
Christian.

That isn't the condensate trap, that is the condensate outlet from the heat exchanger. The condensate trap is at the bottom where the condensate pipe outlet is.
How do you get gunk in there anyway? Things crawling down the flue pipe?
--
Tim Mitchell

How long before condensing boilers become a source of legionnaires disease ?. Or is the temperature high enough to kill any bugs off ?.
--
Andrew

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:11:16 +0000, Andrew wrote:

AIUI 50C is sufficient to kill off Legionella. I suppose that if you ran the boiler on a very low setting you might be able to set up the conditions. I don't know how well the bacteria get on with very dilute suplhuric acid which is what the condensate is.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
writes:

The exhaust gasses are very hot and then are cooled. Water should be store at 60C and above to eliminate Legionnaires.