Brush Moulting

After doing a little bit of painting yesterday I noticed that the brush I was using was shedding quite a few hairs.
I appreciate that you gets what you pays for, but is there a secret of success in choosing (or preparing) paintbrushes?
Andrew
Andrew McKay wrote:

Yes, but sadly I don't know what it is. I think 'rubber set' rather then crimped together is not a bad idea, as is filling teh brush with cellulose clear dope up to the handle, then standing it in cellulose thinners to keep the tip from drying, but let the bristles clog up inside the ferrule/...