Boys Toys Xmas pressie

That's not an arc welder, it's a battery charger - you can't weld with something Parcelforce will deliver for £9.99. :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Since I doubt it has a rectifed output, it's probably not much use for that either!

Reply to
John Rumm

Wouldn't be much use as a battery charger without a rectified output either...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:43:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)" strung together this:

Go on then, I'll say the same thing too.... It probably won't be much good as a battery charger without a rectified output.......

Reply to
Lurch

Maybe it's a special one for AC batteries.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Actually, you can. The latest inverter based welders are much, much lighter than the conventional 'huge transformer' ones. Course, I don't know about the quality of this one.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

On 14 Dec 2004 14:16:33 GMT, Ian Stirling strung together this:

Just had a quick look, you can get about 10Kg through RM for a tenner.

Reply to
Lurch

"That's not an arc welder, it's a battery charger - you can't weld with something Parcelforce will deliver for ?9.99"

£9.99 gets you up to 30kg on a 24 hour delivery up until the 21st Dec (parcelforce special Ebay deal). I am a welder and have had an Engineering / welding business for 26 years. I have used these machines and they will burn a 3.25 rod with ease. Battery charger my Aunts aching arse !! does pee me off when ignorant know nothings talk absolute tripe. This is a welding transformer 230v~50Hz, A140, 4kva on 80a It's most salient point is it's size! It's the smallest good quality welding transformer I have ever seen. For works outside the workshops we have and use numerous other models of welding transformer (SIP, Clarke etc), and also a very good quality welding inverter which is very light but also at least ten times the price of a welding transformer. MBS
Reply to
MrBlueSkye

The mind boggles about a special Parcelforce deal. Does this mean that apart from losing the goods there is no chance of compensation?

You suggest they are some use on a car. For what? Everyone uses - or tries to use ;-) a MIG these days.

Not *it's* apostrophes?

But who would by goods from a spammer?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why are you interested in buying, or just giving out negative carping yowl?

Really! Who's everyone? Of course they are of use on cars or any other welding application for that matter. It just depends whether the user is an experienced welder used to working with sheet steel or not. I have personally put down miles of arc work on everykind of vehicle you can think of.

Ah...............run out of negative carping Yowl so nitpick the typos / punctuation.

I feel I must stoop to your level by saying that: Anyone would BUY this if they felt it was a handy compact and good quality welding Transformer as I assure them it is. Especially if they felt that this was a great boys Toys piece of Xmas kit at a very cheap price. MBS

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

a) You're still a spamming f****it, as has been pointed out. b) What the hell kind of emergencies require arc welding? (from your listing "...takes so little room that you can leave it in your car boot for emergencies without it getting in the way." c) MIG is by far a better choice for car body work d) Einhell tools are mediocre at best.

Reply to
Grunff

Offroad emergencies. BTDT 8-)

OTOH, where do you plug it in ?

Great name though !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Into the 4kVA generater that is filling the rest of the boot ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

So it's name calling abuse now. What a cynical moaning little man you are.

Have a good Christmas MBS

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

Unicycle?