Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher - continually pumping out with no water?

Just want some advice folks :) I called out a dishwasher repair man today as I was compl= etely stumped as I tried everything under the sun to fix my dishwasher.

Basically the Bosch runs through a cycle then eventually gets stuck on pumping out wa= ter. There's no water in the bottom, if I add water via a jug and close the dishwasher ag= ain it keeps pumping and doesn't move on the cycle (but clears the water I've put in). I= 've cleaned filters, taken the cover off the pump and pushed a curtain wire down the wh= ole to clear any obstruction - but still the problem. I don't think it's a blockage as i= t clears the water...

Occassionally it'll complete a full cycle (after I've taken out all the filters and p= layed around a bit) but then next run, same thing happens.

Now, for =C2=A335, the repair man came round, looked at it as I explained the problem a= nd said that it needed a new control panel as he'd seen this before. Unfortunately it s= eems recommendations for dishwasher repair folks are hard to come by so this guy was p= icked out of yellow pages. Does this analysis seem sound to you on it being the control= panel?

Also, and it may well be a coincidence, the Bosch was a spare dishwasher I had in the hou= se as the built in Neff dishwasher had a similar problem a few days ago. The repair man s= aid that he felt it was both control panels that needed replacing... Do I throw money a= t this then?? :)

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Reply to
Mike King