Boilerjuice... ?

I have been getting quotes and seeing other's comments on prices quoted for central heating oil from Boilerjuice compared to my local supplier and have come to the conclusion that Boilerjuice are simply not competitive.

Has anyone else reached a conclusion ? - either way - I am willing to be tempted back again...

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Well if you had put the costs we could have all stated the obvious.

Reply to
ron

I look at boilerjuice, I ring half a dozen or so local suppliers. I have yet to buy from boilerjuice...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I just tried them:

Quantity: 2500 litres of Home heating oil (Kerosene 28) Price: 32.77 pence/litre Subtotal: £819.25 VAT @ 5%: £40.96 Total: £860.21

My normal supplier quoted 37.75p per litre. I think I'll give BJ a try next time I need oil.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Kind of thinking the same way. Which is a shame, as it's a real pain ringing around a dozen oil suppliers.

MM

Reply to
MM

Curious, where are you? They still can't quote for Cumbria but if I stick Bristol in I get back 38.86 for exactly the same order as above.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Kent, TN18.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

But I think that (and ordering at the same time as your neighbours) is the only way to get the best price.

Reply to
Michael Chare

In article , Nick writes

All boilerjuice do is buy from your local supplier anyway, they hope they can group a few buyers together and negotiate a better rate than someone phoning for 500 ltrs

Reply to
David