What to look for when getting electrian quotes

Hey guys. My 60's style home isn't liking all my computer equipment. I thought about running two separate circuits from the panel to 2 new wall jacks for for the computers.

Or, I can have a pro come out and do it. I was quoted $200.00, which seems a low quote for snaking new wiring up through the wall, over the attic, to the panel, but I'm unsure. When getting quotes for an electrician, what type of things should I be asking, and looking for?

Reply to
clevere

$200 bucks is a good price, if the guy knows what he is doing, and does the work properly. 2 Circuits seems excessive unless you have of hardware- modern computers don't draw that much current. Is there enough headroom in your panel, physically and current-wise, for a dedicated 20-amp circuit with a couple daisy-chaned outlets? While electrician is there, make sure whatever ground your service panel uses is good, and that the new circuit is properly grounded. If your mains power is crappy, I highly recommend an UPS, maybe even before you spring for a new outlet string. It may be all you need for happy computing, and is in the same price range for a single-desk unit.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers