I was going to try and build a wooden housing around it to provide some sound insulation. Any advice on ventilation, materials, regulations?!
Cheers,
Chris
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:37:51 +0000, Chris Scudds wrote:

What does the manual say?
Failing that & assuming that it is a 28kW room sealed unit. 75mm clearance to all combustible materials. 28 kw * 5 cm2/kW * 2 for inside air = 280 cm2 vents at bottom and top of compartment.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
Cheers for the advice Ed.
I don't have the manual - I've just moved in, but I suppose I could get hold of one. Otherwise, your recommendations sound sensible.
As for material - I was thinking 12mm MDF? Would it need to be flameproofed?
Cheers,
Chris

Plasterboard is good for this. It is fire resistant, cheap and easily painted/papered.
Christian.
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:22:07 +0000, Chris Scudds wrote:

The regulations I quoted are quite restrictive (any will let oout a lot of noise though those massive vents!).
The manual will probably give you a better time.
The MDF would have to be >75mm from the boiler (again the manual will probably let you a LOT closer).
Let's see if I can find the manual.... OK the 280 is not a current model and/or one they do online literature for. Why not ask www.worcester-bosch.co.uk for help?
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Google :-)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ practice random kindness and sensless acts of beauty