Bloody weather!

My neighbour is mowing his lawn grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

HLAH

I daren't. Half of it is pure waterlogged clay mud, and the other half is full of spring flowers.

I even found fungi growing today. In JANUARY.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My dad said he saw a bumble bee a couple of weeks ago and we keep getting huge mosquitoes in the house, I'm not convinced they are hibernating ones woken up early.

When I was clearing up debris in the garden yesterday I was struck by the number of woodlice and other bugs very active in the top layers of the leaf litter. We have a lot of crocuses out and primroses down the road but strangely no snowdrops.

Maybe the cold snap predicted for this week will set everything back to what is expected for January.

HLAH

What sort? I have seen, for example, stinkhorns growing in almost every month of the year.

Reply to
Rod

It has just stopped snowing here in NW Derbyshire.

Dave

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Dunno. Woodland edge, white gills, Adnate I think, grey top, very light nipple..slender stem, no volva, looked vaguely like a pluteus....

We don't get stinkhorns here sadly. Fascinating things.

I noted today the hazel is covered in catkins also..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher