Bloody weather!

Still trying to do the roof on my shed. I need at least 2 days without rain but 1 day would see a lot of it done. Last 2 days fine - not had time. Forecast fine fro today. Get tarpaulin and half of roof off (slow job, can't afford to break the old sheets yet), rain starts. All tools, electrics (off) and 3 bikes exposed - oh shit! Replace roof, tarpaulin secured along one edge, sun comes out and I'm soon sweating me cobs off. Wood already in place too wet for glue/sealant.

Pub beckons.

Reply to
PeterC

I do find the forecasts on the Weather Channel are normally pretty accurate, similarly the rain maps on the Met Office app. You can often tell when there is real uncertainty if there are little local rain patches over the whole region at the time of interest. (The big bands of rain along a front are pretty reliable).

Reply to
newshound

I use this for rain checks as it gives 2 hour warnings, just type in your locality, can also check against the radar images.

ss

That's pretty neat, added to my tablet. "Looking ahead" not so good though, says "expect showery weather Thursday morning until early on Friday afternoon". (It now being 17:30 on Thursday). If it said something like today/tomorrow I wouldn't be able to complain.

Reply to
newshound

I've found the Dark Sky app pretty accurate.

Reply to
RJH

What you need is an inflatable building to put over your work site. I've seen this done many years ago now, but maybe there are drawbacks like cooking the workmen! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'm the workman!

Reply to