Black Forge Tools ??

I have a hand operated Mitre saw, although I have sliding bevel power saw, the hand operated unit is still useful for coving, cornice & plinths.

This model is a "Black Forge Deep Cut Precision Mitre Saw" ... bought form B&Q some years ago. But looks identical to this:

is the type which is almost a hacksaw frame attached to a metal adjustable angle bed .. the blades being deep but thin, so very neat mitres are possible.

The blade is tensioned by turning a wing nut which 'pulls' a stud through the handle casting .. other end of stud has a cross pin to the blade.

Today found that wingnut and stud threads are worn, and I can no longer tension blade ...

So need to get a spare ... but can't find "Black Forge" on Google .... anybody have contact details ? Original box & manual give no address.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Erm! this the type of tool that gets slung in the bin when the brittle metal shatters ie the blade drop supports.

No spares are available other than a new blade.

Re-thread the wingnut and find a suitable nut to boot. ;0)

Reply to
George