BG Central Heating breakdown care

Page 5 of 11

They are also the world's biggest polluters, they have really bad social problems, they have a massive national debt propped up only because oil etc are traded in dollars, which is the only reason that the dollar is a strong currency.
--
geoff

writes

motivated
the
respect
which
the
They also have over 40 million people exempt from basic health care. And a national game called Shoot The Pres'. Every citizen is issued with a gun in order to shot the pres'.

writes

The Dollar is currently suffering from benign neglect and is now very weak. (1 = $1.79). Most economists are worried that this parallels the period up to Jimmy Carters presidency. My 2p FWIW, in 5 years we will be back to hyper inflation and interest rates of 10% +, once the Federal Reserve belatedly try to correct the problem.
--
Andrew

... But this would mean that Bush isn't going to get Mars as the 53rd state
--
geoff

This is a diversion. The same thing that Kennedy did. Generally it's better to have a grandiose announcement like this when leading up to an election. Wars tend to be during mid terms.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

They will have to figure out how to reconfigure Area 51 to look like the Mars landscape this time. What's the betting some gook will find a photograph of the 1969 moon landscape that directly correlates with the 2013 Mars landscape?
PoP
If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!

A Dubya brainscan for example
--
geoff

The UK NHS is not a success,it is a failure and needs major surgery itself.
writes

motivated
work
to the

respect
which
achieved the

by
failure? Please????

Failure.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

sadly
responsive
envy,
caused
Proof, figures, etc, not brainwashed Tory propaganda.

I'll give you three examples - I don't have time to waste on researching figures.
1) On four different occasions over the last few years being offered consultant appointments between 6 and 18 months out and then having them cancelled twice two weeks beforehand because they had run out of budget. That's not acceptable handling of the patient and it is not an acceptable lead time either. In almost all cases, appointment lead time should be one month absolute maximum. I can get that with private cover, yet I also have to pay outrageous sums to support an outmoded state system.
2) Emergency facilities at at least two local hospitals inferior to several that I've seen in the 3rd world.
3) Money wasted on the wrong things. One simple example. One local hospital has construction work going on involving the use of a tower crane. There's an enormous illuminated blue sign with NHS on it. Why? Marketing? A public service organisation spends money on marketing because we don't know it's there? What a waste of money.
As a very minimum there should be a voucher system so that I can take my contributions to the state health system and spend them where I like.
Ideally, the whole thing should be shut down and operated on a 21st century basis, not an early 20th century one.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

The government is building hospitals like mad. The biggest medial construction phase ever. I have only had god service from the NHS. The overall figures are what matters, not individual experiences.

They should be built and maintained by the private sector.

In the chapel?

To me, like most patients, it is my individual experience that matters to me first of all and that of my family. I do also care that others can receive good medical care, but the fact is that the state megalith does not deliver it as far as I am concerned. Waiting times are too long, the environment of most hospitals is appalling and there is huge waste on bureaucracy.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
wrote:> >The government is building hospitals like mad.

They are. Private contractors build them and invariably a raft of private companies maintain them in some way.

LOL!! Such fun.

So you may have a bad experience, so the largest employer in Europe is totally useless. What strange logic.

I'm hardly the only one, am I.

Therein lies the main problem - the shear size.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

But they are few and far between compared to how many people they treat.

Nonsense. It is split up into regions, etc.

Nonsense. If that were the case, why does the government make such a fuss about reducing waiting times to under two years? As I said, I would consider a month max. to be the acceptable limit.

It is still the largest employer in western Europe. It should be broken up into individual units and outsourced.
Individuals should have the option of whether they wish to spend their healthcare money at state run or private facilities without incurring additional cost as they do today.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

That's fine for the reasonably well off. The poor would simply get a far worse state system, since those better off (and in better health) would be cherry picked by insurance companies.
I assume you get the same quality of water, electricity etc no matter how rich or poor you are. Why should health care be any different?
--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

Except that there is a counterexample to your own; food. Why should the rich be able to buy better food than the poor?