BG Central Heating breakdown care

Let's see now.
Do I see coal strikes? No. Electricity 3 hours on, 6 off? No. 3 day week? No. Factories idle due to steel strike? No. 6% statutory annual pay increase? No. Sterling crisis? No. Rescue package from IMF? No.
I'd say we've progressed from there......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You missed the flared trousers!

Adam
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:55:23 GMT, "ARWadsworth"

.. and the cheesecloth shirts and the other kind with curved tips to the collars.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

But they are back !.

Spice Girls ????

--
Andrew

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:55:23 UTC, "ARWadsworth"

And Clodagh Rodgers....
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Blair is doing very well.

You must be easily pleased.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Something please explain to me - which newsreader is IMM using? I wasn't aware that there was one available for the visually (or is it mentally) impaired!
PoP

Unless of course he means that Blair is doing very well in the "taking care of No. 1. sense" ?
I'd agree with him there.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andy is a self confessed brainwashed Little Middle Englander.

Another brainwashed Little Middle Englander raises its head.

their
No. I just remember: Heath, Douglas-Home and Thatcher.

No pits !!

Try living in East Anglia in the 24/7 region :-)

When productivity actually went up. For 50% of men over 50, its now a 0 day week.

What factories, don't we import all our cars,steel,coal,food now ?

18% statutory council tax hike in West Sussex.

It's freely floating, so not relevant

If any other country allowed its currency to do what that USD does, the IMF would have been sent in and forced up the domestic price of water, gas, food etc. long ago. However the Yanks can say, "It's our dollar, but YOUR problem".

--
Andrew

Plenty of changes *could* be done when things are state owned. They aren't, though.
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:26:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@digdilem.org (Simon Avery) wrote:

Exactly,freedon of choice. A practice I'd encourage.

I totally agree with you. Powerfulshing is a cash cow,i often read how profitable it is in the trade mags. Cures the symptoms,not the cuase,just like the NHS. I visited a BG boiler change the other day,pipework was like a Euphonium that had been run over by a car,boiler depressurising,wouldnt work,its amazing what the public put up with. Cards on table,i used to work for BG when it was a better and professional operation which employed competent engineers. Oh but that was a while ago now..!
joe

They would only employ people who had a City & Guilds in gas engineering. Now you could be a plumber who has mainly done gutters and drains and took a CORGI course, and BG will employ you. They would never touch plumbers as it was a different trade with different skills.

The unions didn't like it either.
Nowadays, the budget for beer and sandwiches at number 10 doesn't stretch as far as it used to do.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

took a

as
Didn't like what?

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:29:57 +0000, IMM wrote:

AFAIK CORGI neither run courses in gas fitting or administer ACS exams in gas fitting. The whole point about ACS exams is that they are Nationally Acreditted and so the standard _should_ be much the same at which ever college you do them, clearly the standard is higher than it was under the ACOPs scheme.
If BG [1] offered the going rate for the job they might attract the more capable and conscientious segment of the workforce.
[1] The guy who comes to your house to do a boiler check hardly only gets about 20 (even for a back boiler unit). AFAIK.
-- Ed Sirett - Property maintainer and registered gas fitter. The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk Gas fitting FAQ http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFitting.html Sealed CH FAQ http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (ANt) wrote:
Hello ANt

What Andy says. Some of the stunts they pull are bordering on the criminal and certainly way beyond the ethical. BG is *not* somebody I want to give my money to again.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK