Bay window curtain pole with only 3 points touching wall ?

I want to put a curtain pole in our standard shaped bay window but only want 3 connections to the wall, one in the middle and one at both ends, that way I can pull the curtains fully open and maximise the amount of light coming in.

The window is 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep and the curtains are 6 foot long , probably average weight.

I was going to buy this as it's where I'm buying the curtains

lady in the shop said it should be ok though the fact it comes with

5 support brackets worries me a little!

Will this be ok? If not do you have any other options I could try. I don't want to spend more than =A350 , otherwise I'll use a plastic track.

Reply to
jgkgolf

The window is 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep and the curtains are 6 foot long , probably average weight.

I was going to buy this as it's where I'm buying the curtains

lady in the shop said it should be ok though the fact it comes with

5 support brackets worries me a little!

Will this be ok? If not do you have any other options I could try. I don't want to spend more than £50 , otherwise I'll use a plastic track.

You need something like this.

used them. I just 'Googled' and it was the first hit. I am sure I have seen this type of thing in B&Q or similar.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

How many curtains? Two ?

Either use a proprietary runner track that only looks like a pole, but allows as many supports as you wish. This is by far the easiest.

Otherwise make a rigid pole that's self-supporting on the ground, when only supported at ends and middle. Surprisingly (to some people) curtain poles don't get magically more rigid wen you put them in place and hang a curtain from them. It's not too hard to make such a pole, so long as you either do some metalworking, or use a biscuit jointer. It won't work if you just use a softwood pole and a couple of screws! It's also easier if you use a curved or polygonal pole, not just two segments and one corner (the torque from the curtain weight is greater that way).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Surely 3 supports should be enough for any curtains, unless they are made of lead.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy