battery use by dates

I mean the packet was opened, so no knowing if the 25% dead ones were unused or used. IOW at least 75% were fine 8 years after BB date.

how can a NIFe cell be using the same chemistry as an alkaline zinc & carbon cell?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

From the orginal context, I don't think Tabbypurr was talking about open cells when he mentioned unsealed alkaline:

"I tested a batch of unsealed alkaline cells 8 years past their BB date, and 75% of them were full or almost so. About 25% were of little use. IOW you can greatly exceed the BB dates in practice."

Reply to
pamela

Now I understand. Thanks.

Reply to