Bathrooms in bedrooms...

The thing is you just know it's full of parts bought at the lowest possible cost. Laminate flooring from Poundland, Wilko value paint, the cheapest boiler it's possible to buy. That's not bad as such, but it won't last and you'll just be doing the same exercise all over again in 5 or 10 years. Which might be OK for a rental property, but not nice if you plan to live there.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Exactly. The property I am likely to be buying was done up about seven years ago and is currently rented, so at least I don't have to feel guilty in ripping out everything.

More of a worry is that some of the shoddy work such a dry lining is both concealing and contributing to damp problems. It will all come down to price, so nothing settled yet.

Reply to
djc