Bathroom tap question

Hi all,

I need to replace my bathroom monobloc mixer tap, which is leaking.

The existing one has an integrated 'rod' (behind the tap body) which you pull up/push down, to operate the plug.

The one I want to replace it with comes with 'pop up waste', which seems to be a small lever at the rear of the tap.........

My question is, will this work with my existing sink plug mechanism or is a totally differant system, not just a differant tap plug lever design?

If I buy a tap with a rod type lever instead, are they interchangable i.e. is a rod system a rod system?

Sorry for my total tap ignorance!

Regards

David

Reply to
northdavid

I have just replaced mine,the kind with the rod which operates another rod that sits in an adaptor that is situated above the trap. Does your replacement not come with such an adpator that you have to use .?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Stuart

Thanks, I have just ordered one from Screwfix, which does have the rod design, hopefully it will work with the existing above trap connection for the plug - fingers crossed!

If not I will be back no doubt!

Regards

David

Reply to