Basin mixer tap

I suspect this may have been covered...

After 20 years, our basin mixer taps are worn out. Ostensibly appropriate repair inserts do not do a reliable job.

Twyford themselves no longer market this particular model so perhaps it is time to move on:-)

Can anyone recommend a mixer giving a reasonable flow on a low head (2m) that will adapt to a 20 year old pop-up-waste system? The current connections are rigid copper but presumably will adapt to 15mm flexi?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sorry can't help, but I've had good results sometimes with recutting the valve seats.

Reply to
Capitol

And you can get retrofit ceramic tap heads as another refurb option.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Oh! Not come across them. Part of the issue has always been the low flow rate so you wait ages for hot despite standing beside the cistern:-( The tap outlet and presumably internal porting is narrow.

The thread had worn on the cold side so Amazon supplied a replacement head. Despite tidying up the seats it still requires Tarzan to close properly.

Senior management is exerting pressure...

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Is is stiff all the way - or do you mean it requires a lot of pressure to stop it dripping? If the first - then try lubricating the threads. If the latter then replace the washer. Being heavy handed caauses them to distort and split.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

In message , DerbyBorn writes

Stiffens as the washer seats. I think the thread is poorly formed and binds when loaded. I haven't yet tried a re-lube but there are other issues and I would like to replace the complete unit.

Reply to
Tim Lamb