B&Q Wind turbines

Quite a misleading comment when they also say

The average wind speed across the UK is ~5.6m/sec. at 10m above the ground

Reply to
DJT

Why is it misleading?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How many average houses do you think would have an average wind speed of 5.6m/sec. =13 MPH below ridge height. ?

Reply to
DJT

I've no idea, that's not what was said though.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Doesn't make a difference. The local one is a sub post office and for whatever reason not authorised to issue car licences. I have no idea why - bureaucratic nonsense because it's not difficult.

So the option is then to visit the main post office in the town, necessitating finding and paying for somewhere to park and then having to queue for 20mins. I detest all aspects of that, so if there is an on line option, that will be the next solution. The only other thing I use the Post Office to do is to send a few items by Special Delivery each month. That could be replaced by Interlink or someone like that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:14:43 -0000 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

Distortion of what is said is a common tactic by the antis. It is mildly amusing.

Reply to
David Hansen

I've noticed that too :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

.. [re hospitals...]

What an unexpected _treat_ for them!

John

Reply to
John

They all said, in different ways, that they preferred to talk to wives as well because men often forgot or didn't take notice of what they said.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

don't you just love rip-off Britain...

Reply to
DMac

Worst thing they ever did introducing single queues. At least before you could see who was in which queue and make an informed decision on who was likely to be banking £20 in pennies

Single qs with incessent adverts for insurance savings schemes blaring away... bit like the "your call is important to us" nonsense. Bring back the engaged tone if companies cannot be bothered to answer the phone

Reply to
DMac

Given the limited parking at our local hospitals, I would suggest it's more rationing by price.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

The only cheques we write nowadays are for the kid's school meals tickets. We have to buy a book of tickets for each kid every couple of weeks.

The local council is firmly stuck in the 19th century. It's only recently that some of the bigger council-run leisure facilities have started accepting anything other than cash or cheque.

I see that many petrol stations now refuse to accept cheques.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Luckily my school accepts cold hard cash for this and you can pay up to a year in advance if you are so inclined.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If you don't like it ... :-)

2006 has been The Year of the Hospitals for us and we've used seven different hospital dedicated car parks during consultations, examinations, fittings, ay and long term surgery and visiting. They've all had different pay structures, some were long term, some short. None was run by the hospital and none of the hospitals benefitted from the charges. I was happy to pay far more than £4 for a five hour stay, in fact I'm happy to pay for hospital car parking whatever it is.

It's a privilege to have a car, we pay for associated privileges. If we don't like it we can use public transport or mini-cabs, someone said it wouldn't be any more expensive :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You're still at school???

You look very mature for your age :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Just rang them about the cost of pole and brackets - they are included in the cost, the leaflet says the weight excludes it. Must read more carefully!

However they did tell me that BS24 in Somerset has an average speed of

3=2E8m/s and it needs 4.5m/s, so no use here. I asked why B&W sell it round here and they suggested I ask them!
Reply to
seaside01

I just go in for Jamie's dinners.

Besides, how do you know what I look like?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

:-)

I'm a mother, mothers can see through doors.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

However they did tell me that BS24 in Somerset has an average speed of

3.8m/s and it needs 4.5m/s, so no use here. I asked why B&W sell it round here and they suggested I ask them!

Well, no other company would know. Ask B&Q and tell us what they say :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher