B&Q website

I thought Wickes website was particularly crap for listing products but I have always lived inthe mistaken belief that B&Q's website was much better.

As I dig into the B&Q web site I see it is not much better than the wickes site but with a nice gloss to it. In other words, glossy crap.

How disappointing that so much of the store's product line are not availale online as I can see from the Store Product Range web page.

No security lights, door bells, alarms, etc. Where are they all?

Reply to
Zak

just about every thing I have searched for lately is not on the webshite (deliberate typo) its a just waste of bandwidth

Reply to
Mr Fixit

Why on earth did you think that? The B&Q website is one of the worst I have ever seen and has remained consistently so for years.

If you want to buy online, you should look at dedicated web suppliers. If you want to see what B&Q stock, you'll have to go along to the shop.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The message from Zak contains these words:

I've never managed to find anything on B&Q's site - it's utterly useless.

Reply to
Guy King

I should've said that the word "glossy" is superfluous.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Someone estimated a while ago that they display about 5% of their stock on the web.

Many times I have gone there to find nothing and bought elsewhere, only to find the stores full of what I wanted.

Their loss.

Reply to
EricP

B&Q are a retail outlet. They have no interest in web sales. The website is there because they experimented with web sales a few years ago, gave up, but never pulled it.

Kingfisher group, who own B&Q, now own Screwfix. That is what they're concentrating on for web sales.

Reply to
Grunff

in the screwfix catalogue.

Reply to
.

They would just be competing with themselves. Look what happended to Dixon's.

john2

Reply to
john2

Window shopping doesn't always bring a sale.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I love their twisted version of a search facility. If you search for door bell you get garage door openers. Table Saw will get you patio furniture. Mind you, most of the time you get no results at all.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think it certainly shows!

Hmmm .. the search facilty at Screwfix is nothing special either!

BTW here is a nice website I found recently. For what I wanted their search engine was RED HOT. No messing about with weird results. Straight in. Your needs may get different results but I was well pleased.

What I also liked were the scanned spec sheets & instructions they had. I'm not too sure where they are on the website because I used Google to find them such as these:

thought the scanned sheets alone were were bookmarking the site for!

No, this isn't an advert. I just thought it was in such contrast to what I got at B&Q.

Reply to
Zak