B&Q Value carpet tiles

Avoid these like the plague!

Fitted some in a kitchen for an OAP customer today, found the centre line of the room both ways, marked a cross, put down the first 4 tiles.

Couldn't get the edges to align squarely, though I was cracking up - until I measured the diagonals of the tiles - 8mm difference on each tile. Completely out of square.

Tried another box, all the same. Consistent anyway.

I don't expect a carpet tile to be perfect, but these where completely pissed.

Careful use of several new knife blades & a roll of heavy duty double sided carpet tape & I got the job done.

I'll never lay the bloody things again!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ridiculous. Modern production methods shouldn't allow such errors. I would have rejected them as unfit for purpose as it is custom and practice to be able to lay them straight and square.

Reply to
John