B&Q tradepoint eligibility

Or use a fake ID. Wouldn't need MOSSAD on the job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Probably get put in prison for a fake ID. Or fake letterhead and business card. Note in the news the person who's fake CV got her six months at her Majesty's pleasure. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The Medway Handyman wibbled on Saturday 27 March 2010 18:02

He's trying to get on the trade counter, not kill them

Reply to
Tim Watts

sm_jamieson wibbled on Saturday 27 March 2010 18:22

If I printing some up with "TJW Works", it wouldn't be provably fake as I don't need to register in any way to trade with that name...

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, we all go to Focus now to get our 10% on any day of the week...

What do you have to do to qualify as a pensioner? I have a company pension but am not quite 60 never mind 65

Reply to
Invisible Man

B-)

Why don't they ask for something that really indicates legitimate trader? Like VAT registration certificate or public liability insurance certificate.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

'Pensioner' is more a sort of '(un)occupation' than to do with age. On the other hand, 'old-age pensioner' suggests being a recipient of state pension. I don't like the term - it suggests that somebody of 65 is 'old', which I'm sure is no longer necessarily true. The B&Q card doesn't specify being a pensioner; merely being over 60 - hence the 'Diamond' as its title. I retired at about 57, but still had to wait until I was 60 to get my B&Q wrinkly card.

We don't have any (AFAIK) Focus stores around here - they were all sold to Wickes a few years ago.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

What? No trader or bankers reference, no requirement for VAT cert or Certificate of Incorporation. My, they do set a difficult barrier to membership.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Indeed not, thank $DEITY that there are no machines at garages and motorway service stations selling instant business cards for those who want to look like a trader.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" saying something like:

Like about half the 'members' of Makro, etc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Frank Erskine saying something like:

Christ onna Honda, I'm feeling quite young around here.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember sm_jamieson saying something like:

Only just started up, innit?

To encourage the others.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Indeed. She did the right thing - she studied to gain the qualifications she needed.

Oh, wait. She didn't, did she?

Reply to
Adrian

If you haven't already, you would need to register as self employed with HMRC.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Man at B&Q wibbled on Sunday 28 March 2010 10:09

OK, that's a new one (not that I study tax law)... I assumed you'd just do a regular tax return...

OK, I'll revise that - you don't need to register the company (as you would a Ltd etc) as the name is based on name and/or initials. or has that changed too?

Reply to
Tim Watts
< snip B&Q trade card >

I wonder whether they mind what your trade or calling is?

I've got all the "proof" for my little wedding car business - but would they want to ask whether the bag of cement was to build a garage?

Reply to
Kevin Poole

If it comes to that someone could just send the Mrs along with a few cards lifted from a phone box. "plumbing fittings - it's for the assisted showers dearie"

Might be embarrassing if Mr B&Q wanted a reciprocal discount though.!!!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Only if it was your sole occupation, i.e. you're not on the payroll somewhere else and PAYE.

If you set up a business sideline, the first time you need to do any official form is your tax return at the end of the tax year (some months after the end of your trading year) in which you first make any money.

Reply to
dom

There are plenty of firms on interent that provide business card for free ....

for one

Letter head should take all of 2 mins with Microsoft word

Reply to
Rick Hughes